ASCIA Annual Conference
ASCIA 2023 Conference
It is a pleasure to invite you to register for the ASCIA 2023 Conference, to be held at the International Convention Centre (ICC) Sydney from Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th September 2023. This is a hybrid conference, which enables virtual registration for delegates who cannot attend in-person, and on-demand viewing of sessions for all registered delegates after the conference.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference Program Book is available here:
ASCIA 2023 PROGRAM BOOK674.04 KB
ASCIA 2023 Conference registration and abstract submission are now open:
- To register go to https://ascia2023.com/registration.html
- To submit a poster and/or clinical grand rounds abstract go to https://ascia2023.com/abstracts.html
Earlybird registration and abstract submission close on 4th July 2023.
Delegates may also wish to register for the following meetings that are being held during the ASCIA 2023 Conference week:
- CIRCA meeting at the Garvan Institute, Darlinghurst on Monday 2nd September - Registration link TBC
- Practical Rhinoscopy workshop at St Vincent’s Hospital, Darlinghurst on Saturday 9th September – Register here
The ASCIA 2023 Conference program includes current allergy and clinical immunology clinical issues and research findings, which will be presented by more than 60 speakers, including five international speakers - A/Prof Edmond Chan (Canada), Prof Anna Nowak-Wegrzyn (USA), Prof Anne Puel (France), Dr Lluis Quintana-Murc (France) and A/Prof Elizabeth Tham (Singapore).
The ASCIA 2023 Conference program will include main sessions from 9am to 6pm AEST each day, with a focus on:
- Clinical Grand Rounds (CGR) Cases and selected Poster Presentations on Tuesday 5th September
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis on Wednesday 6th September
- Drug, Insect, Animal and Respiratory Allergy on Thursday 7th September
- Immunodeficiency, Autoimmunity and Autoinflammatory Disorders on Friday 8th September
On Thursday 7th September an inaugural ASCIA Immunodeficiency Update for Nurses will be held.
On Friday 8th September there will be three concurrent Allergy Update meetings, which include some shared sessions:
- ASCIA Allergy Update for Medical Practitioners
- ASCIA Allergy Update for Nurses
- ASCIA Allergy Update for Dietitians
To improve sustainability, the ASCIA 2023 Conference will feature:
- A living, digital Program Book, which can be kept up to date and reduces waste associated with printing.
- Online posters, which reduces production costs and waste associated with printing and transporting of posters.
- Electronic poster boards in the exhibition hall.
- Namebadges that do not include a plastic holder and reusable lanyards.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference will provide an international standard of continuing professional development (CPD) for ASCIA members and other health professionals working in allergy and clinical immunology, as well as an opportunity for in-person interactions with colleagues.
We look forward to your involvement.
|Dr Katie Frith||A/Prof Theresa Cole||Jill Smith|
|Chair, ASCIA 2023 Conference||ASCIA President||ASCIA CEO|
On behalf of the ASCIA 2023 Conference committee (in alphabetical order by surname):
Dr Katie Frith (Chair), Dr Paul Gray, Dr Alisa Kane, Dr Karuna Keat, A/Prof Jennifer Koplin, Dr Kathryn Patchett, A/Prof Kirsten Perrett, Dr Kahn Preece, Dr Shruti Swamy, Dr Winnie Tong, Dr Brynn Wainstein, Dr James Yun.
ASCIA 2023 Immunodeficiency and Allergy Updates for Nurses and Dietitians: Kathy Beck, Jan Belcher, Wendy Birks, Geraldine Dunne, Carolina Valerio.
ASCIA 2023 Clinical Allergy Update for Medical Practitioners: Dr Kathryn Heyworth, Dr Rohit Saldanha, Dr Lara Ford.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference is organised by ASCIA in conjunction with ICMSA:
- ASCIA Team - Jill Smith, Rikki Dunstall, Michelle Haskard,, Nadene Dorling.
- ICMSA Team - Siobhan Jensen (Event Manager), Jessica Moebus (Event Coordinator), Emily Low (Event Assistant).
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- All ASCIA 2023 Conference delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- The ASCIA 2023 Conference program includes seven hours of sessions each day, providing a total of 28 hours of content (excluding sponsored sessions, lunch, afternoon and morning breaks) for the four day conference.
- ASCIA is a peak professional medical organisation and therefore CPD hours attained by attending the ASCIA 2023 Conference are acknowledged by medical colleges and accreditation bodies in Australia and New Zealand.
- In 2023 ASCIA will be trialling a new CPD system with the RACP which involves registering attendance each day using QR codes. CPD hours will then be sent to the RACP for fellows of the RACP who submit their member identification number in the ASCIA 2023 Conference registration process.
ASCIA2023 SPONSORSHIP PROSPECTUS355.75 KB
ASCIA 2023 SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION366.11 KB
ASCIA 2023 SPONSORED SESSION APPLICATION371.63 KB
ASCIA Conference Reports and Information
- ASCIA Conference 2022 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2021 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2019 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2018 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2017 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2016 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2015 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2014 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2013 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2012 Report
- ASCIA Conference 2011 Report
- ASCIA Annual Basten Oration
- Past ASCIA Annual Conferences (1990-2022)
- Published Abstracts ASCIA Conferences (2006-2022)
- Future ASCIA Annual Conferences
- ASCIA Awards and Grants
Content updated May 2023