Advanced Training Meetings
- 2018 ASCIA Autoimmunity Update - Saturday 8 September 2018 - National Convention Centre Canberra ACT (in conjunction with the ASCIA 2018 Conference)
- 2019 ASCIA PID (APID) Advanced Training Meeting - May 2019 (dates and venue tbc)
- 2020 ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training Meeting (date and venue tbc)
It is our intention that ASCIA Associate (Trainee) members participate in at least one of each of the 3 types of meetings during advanced training, or soon after completion of advanced training.
All ASCIA Associate (Trainee) members are also encouraged to register and submit abstracts for ASCIA Annual Conferences, to further their knowledge in all areas of clinical immunology and allergy. For more information go to www.allergy.org.au/conferences/ascia-annual-conference
ASCIA Advanced Training Meetings 2007-2018
- 2007, May - APPID Summer School - Port Douglas, QLD
- 2008, 10 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training meeting - Blue Mountains NSW
- 2009, 9 May - ASCIA Autoimmunity Advanced Training meeting - Manly NSW
- 2010, 9-13 May - APPID Summer School - Hobart TAS
- 2011, 6-7 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training Meeting - Sydney NSW
- 2012, 1-2 June - ASCIA Autoimmunity Advanced Training Meeting - Sydney NSW
- 2013, 12-16 May - APPID Summer School - Manly NSW
- 2014, 2-4 May - ASCIA Allergy Advanced Training meeting - Manly NSW
- 2015, 12 September - ASCIA Autoimmunity Update - Adelaide SA
- 2016, 24-28 July - ASCIA PID (APID) Advanced Training Meeting - Melbourne VIC
- 2017, 29-30 July - ASCIA Environmental Allergy Meeting and Private Practice Workshop - Sydney NSW
- 2018, 8 September - ASCIA Autoimmunity Update - Canberra ACT
Participation in the ASCIA Primary Immune Deficiency (PID) Advanced Training meetings (previously known as Summer Schools) is restricted to advanced trainees or recently qualified consultants and numbers are limited.
Prior to 2007 it had been almost a decade since the last ASCIA Advanced Training Meeting had been held. We are therefore grateful to Dr Joanne Smart and Dr Karl Bleasel for instigating the ASCIA PID Summer Schools and to Professor Dominic Mallon for instigating the most recent ASCIA Advanced Training meetings.
Information about advanced training
Content updated January 2019