Patients and Carers
ASCIA information for patients and carers
ASCIA provides accessible, consistent and evidence-based information for patients and carers on more than 160 topics, available open access at www.allergy.org.au/patients/information
- Vision impairment, limited reading ability or learning disabilities, by allowing text to speech (TTS).
- Non-English speaking backgrounds - information can be translated into 20 different languages by highlighting the text and selecting 'translate’.
Patient and carer support organisations
Organisations that support patients and carers are listed here:
Clinical immunology/allergy specialists
- Locate a specialist
- What is a Clinical Immunology/Allergy Specialist?
- When should a patient be referred?
- General information about the immune system
ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for the community is available at:
ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for schools and children's education/care services is available at: www.allergy.org.au/patients/anaphylaxis-e-training-schools-and-childcare
Allergy and immunology research
ASCIA established the Allergy and Immunology Foundation of Australasia (AIFA) to fund allergy and Immunology research in Australia and New Zealand. All donations and sponsorship to AIFA directly fund research grants. Research projects funded by AIFA grants since 2015 are listed at www.allergyimmunology.org.au/projects#latest
Content updated February 2024