This webpage includes links to:
In response to requests from ASCIA nurses for a dedicated immunodeficiency education day, the ASCIA 2023 Conference in Sydney will include an Immunodeficiency Update Day for Nurses on Thursday 7th September. This is in addition to the main program on Friday 8th September being dedicated to immunodeficiency, autoimmunity and autoinflammatory disorders.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference in Sydney will also include an Allergy Update Day for Nurses on Friday 8th September.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference program will be finalised in late April and registration will open in early May 2023.
To review services and benefits of ASCIA Associate membership go to https://www.allergy.org.au/about-ascia/ascia-initiatives#p1
In addition, ASCIA Associate (Nurse) members are invited to regular ASCIA Nurses Zoom meetings.
Other opportunities for upskilling nurses include:
- ASCIA e-training courses - allergy https://etraininghp.ascia.org.au/
- ASCIA e-training courses - immunodeficiency https://immunodeficiency.ascia.org.au/
- University accredited postgraduate courses (e.g. University of South Australia course https://study.unisa.edu.au/short-courses/professional-certificate-in-allergy-nursing/)
The ASCIA Nurses Forum is available on the ASCIA website. To access to the forum you need to be logged in and then go to www.allergy.org.au/forum/index
The main role of this forum is to enhance communication between nurses who are ASCIA Associate members, and provide opportunities for online discussions about current issues regarding allergy and clinical immunology. This forum is moderated by the current Chair of the ASCIA Nurses committee and representative on ASCIA Council, Briony Tyquin.
There are two broad areas of interest for ASCIA Associate (Nurse) members:
- Allergy - Zoom meetings are chaired by Jan Belcher
- Immunodeficiency – Zoom meetings are chaired by Rachael Dunn
ASCIA Associate (Nurse) members are welcome to join ASCIA committees which focus on specific areas of interest, and are listed here.
Content updated March 2023