ASCIA Education Projects
The ASCIA team works with ASCIA member committees and working parties to review, update and develop world leading, accessible, consistent and evidence based online resources, education and training, to support ASCIA members, other health professionals, patients, carers and the community.
As part of ASCIA's ongoing commitment to improving access to ASCIA website resources, education and training, and enhance the user experience, new webpages have been developed for health professionals:
- Resources www.allergy.org.au/hp/papers
- Allergy and anaphylaxis e-training courses https://etraininghp.ascia.org.au/
- Immunodeficiency e-training courses https://immunodeficiency.ascia.org.au/
- Pharmacist e-training courses https://etrainingpharm.ascia.org.au/
To improve access to ASCIA website information for patients, carers and consumers, and enhance the user experience, a new webpage www.allergy.org.au/patients/information has been developed, and ReadSpeaker has been added, to improve access for people with:
- Vision impairment, limited reading ability or learning disabilities, by allowing text to speech (TTS).
- Non-English speaking backgrounds - information can be translated into 20 different languages by highlighting the text and selecting 'translate’.
To find out how ASCIA resources are developed go to: www.allergy.org.au/about-ascia/website-information
Content updated August 2022