This webpage includes links to:
National Allergy Strategy
- Allergy Aware website www.allergyaware.org.au is an anaphylaxis resource hub for schools and children's education/care (CEC) services
- Nip allergies in the Bub website preventallergies.org.au provides practical information about when and how to introduce the common food allergens to babies to help prevent food allergies.
- 250K school aged teen and young adult websites 250k.org.au provide practical information about how to manage food allergy including fun animations.
- Food allergy education website foodallergyeducation.org.au provides practical top line information about managing food allergies.
- Food allergy aware website www.foodallergyaware.org.au is a resource hub for food allergy management and links to resources from reputable organisations.
- Food allergy training website foodallergytraining.org.au hosts the All about Allergens online training which has been developed for all staff working in food service.
Bookmarks for the National Allergy Strategy websites can be ordered free of charge from the Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia shop: https://allergyfacts.org.au/shop/nasr
Allergy & Anaphyalxis Australia www.allergyfacts.org.au
Allergy New Zealand www.allergy.org.nz
ASCIA Dietitians' Forum is now available on the ASCIA website. To access the forum you must be logged in and then go to www.allergy.org.au/forum/index
The main role of the forum is to enhance communication between dietitians who are ASCIA Associate members, and provide opportunities for online discussions about current issues regarding food allergies.
The forum is moderated by the current Chair of the ASCIA Dietitians committee and representative on ASCIA Council, Kathy Beck.
September 2019 - Perth
March 2019 - Brisbane
Spetember 2018 - Canberra
The purpose of the ASCIA Dietitians committee is to:
- Develop evidence based guidelines for the management of food allergy and intolerance
- Encourage practice based on this evidence amongst our colleague
- Act as a resource for ASCIA regarding the nutritional management of food allergies and intolerance
Content updated October 2021