ASCIA Submissions 2023
ASCIA advocates on behalf of ASCIA members to government and other organisations by lodging submissions which are listed below.
ASCIA submission in response to the Senate Inquiry into Red Imported Fire Ants in Australia. Lodged 1 December 2023. This submission has been published submission on the committee's webpage at the following link https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Rural_and_Regional_Affairs_and_Transport/FireAnts.
ASCIA Submission Fire Ants Inquiry 2023-12-01118.29 KB
- Joint submission in response to draft National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards Guide for Ambulance Health Services from ASCIA, the National Allergy Council, and Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia. Lodged 8 November 2023.
- ASCIA statement on clinical need to maintain supply of VIT for bees and wasps submitted to Pharmac NZ. Lodged 13 October 2023.
- ASCIA response to PBS post marketing investigation of the use of omalizumab in chronic spontaneous urticaria. Lodged 19 September 2023.
- ASCIA submission to ACECQA for approval of ASCIA anaphylaxis e-training for children's education and care. Lodged 1 September 2023. ACECQA approval has been confirmed until October 2026. Read more here
- ASCIA letter to the Hon Mark Butler MP, Minister for Health and Ageing, Commonwealth of Australia
regarding implementation of newborn screening. Submitted 15 August 2023
ASCIA letter to Minister Butler re Newborn Screening 2023-08-15 151.60 KB
ASCIA submission in response to the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) call for submissions on Proposal P1028 – Infant Formula. Submission lodged 13 July 2023.
ASCIA FSANZ P1028 Response July 2023258.66 KB
- ASCIA submissions on 23 May 2023 in support of two products that are relevant to allergy and immunology, which are on the July 2023 PBAC meeting agenda.
- ASCIA letter to the Australian Government Department of Health, to provide information to address the Medical Treatment Overseas Program (MTOP) eligibility criteria for thymic transplant, submitted in May 2023.
- ASCIA has submitted two letters in support of applications for Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) research grants, in February and May 2023.
- ASCIA has submitted two joint letters to the federal Health Minister, the Hon Mark Butler MP, with the National Allergy Council and Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia regarding the feasibility of pricing for PBS listed products - venom immunotherapy (May 2023) and medical nutrition products for cow’s milk allergy (April 2023).
ASCIA has lodged four submissions on 20 January 2023 in support of applications for new or updated PBS listings of products that are relevant to allergy and immunology, which are on the March 2023 PBAC meeting agenda, as listed on the ASCIA website www.allergy.org.au/about-ascia/info-updates/pbac-meeting-march-2023
ASCIA letter PBAC ELECARE LCP 2023-01-20117.39 KB
ASCIA letter PBAC EoE JORVEZA 2023-01-2066.86 KB
ASCIA letter PBAC SHINGRIX 2023-01-2067.84 KB
ASCIA letter PBAC SLE ANIFROLUMAB 2023-01-2066.53 KB