ASCIA is the peak professional body of Clinical Immunology and Allergy Specialists in Australia and New Zealand. To be eligible for ASCIA membership applicants should:
- be health professionals involved in clinical practice, diagnostics, teaching or research in the areas of allergy and/or clinical immunology.
- not be engaged (either personally or on behalf of another person or organisation) in commercial activity involving the sale or marketing of allergy and clinical immunology related products, except as an incidental or minor subsidiary activity to clinical practice, teaching or research activities.
Please see below for specific requirements for Full (Ordinary) ASCIA membership.
Categories of ASCIA membership
Full (Ordinary) members
Associate Medical - General Practitioner, being medical practitioners who are qualified as general practitioners;
Associate – Trainee, being medical practitioners who are advanced trainees in clinical immunology and allergy;
Associate – Retired, being persons who were former members of ASCIA and have retired from practice.
ASCIA members benefits
- Discounted registration for ASCIA Annual Conferences
- Invitations to regional ASCIA events
- Access to the restricted members section of the ASCIA website, including food allergy, drug allergy and allergen immunotherapy information
- Regular ASCIA e-newsletters (usually monthly), which contain the latest news and updates regarding resources
- Eligibility to participate in ASCIA Committees, Working Parties and Interest Groups.
Content updated September 2017