8 July 2019:
Discounted earlybird registration and abstract submission both close at midnight AEST next Monday 15 July 2019.
To register go to https://www.ascia2019.com/registration.php
To submit an abstract go to https://www.ascia2019.com/abstracts.php
To view the program go to https://www.ascia2019.com/program.php
This conference will to be a highlight of the year for ASCIA members and other health professionals, with a venue located on the spectacular Swan River in Perth and a program featuring the following confirmed 10 international speakers:
Prof Mark Boguniewicz, Prof Kaan Boztug, Prof Mariana Castells, Prof Evan Dellon, Dr Tomaz Garcez, A/Prof Matthew Greenhawt, Prof Peter Hellings, Prof Hugh Sampson, A/Prof Carina Venter, Prof Timothy Craig.
Speaker bios can be found here. ASCIA 2019 Speaker Bios International1.58 MB
ASCIA 2019 Conference abstracts are invited for:
- ASCIA 2019 posters (displayed from Wednesday 4 to Friday 6 September 2019)
- ASCIA 2019 clinical grand rounds oral presentations (for advanced trainees only)
- ASCIA 2019 short oral presentations for ASCIA 2019 Conference (clinical research)
- Short oral presentation for CFAR Symposium (food allergy research)
CFAR Symposium 2019: CFAR food allergy research abstracts will be selected to be included in the CFAR Symposium "Hot Publications" sessions. These will feature 3 minute presentations summarising food allergy research recently published or accepted for publication in peer-reviewed journals. Please submit an abstract and citation information (journal name, date accepted) in order to be considered. Selection will take into account journal impact factor and novelty of the work.
ASCIA-DAA Centre for Advanced Learning (CAL) Dietitians Course: This two day course on food allergy and intolerance will be held on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 September 2019. Pre-requisites for this course include completion of ASCIA anaphylaxis, food allergy, and food service etraining courses, all of which are available online free of charge. For information and to register for this course go to
ASCIA Dietitians Day: This event is being held on Thursday 5 September as part of the ASCIA 2019 Conference. There are no pre-requisites, but it is generally of most benefit to dietitians with experience with food allergy. Delegates can register just for this day, or combine it with day registration for Wednesday 4 September, registration for the CFAR Symposium on Tuesday 3 September and registration for the ASCIA-DAA CAL course (see above).
ASCIA-ANZAAG Drug Allergy Symposium: This Symposium is being held on Friday afternoon, as part of the ASCIA 2019 Conference. The 8th Australian and New Zealand Anaesthetic Allergy Group (ANZAAG) Symposium on “Perioperative allergy – A sensitive subject” is also being held in Perth, on Saturday 7 September 2019. To register for the Saturday Symposium go to http://www.anzaag.com/Events.aspx
ASCIA social events and sponsored dinners during the ASCIA 2019 Conference
TUESDAY 3 SEPTEMBER 2019
Sponsored dinner meetings:
- Abbott: EOE Symposium (Speakers to include A/Prof Carina Venter, Prof Evan Dellon)
- DBV: Update on Investigational Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPIT) in clinical trials (Speakers to include Prof Hugh Sampson, Prof Dianne Campbell, Maria Said)
- Mylan: Allergy/respiratory diseases (Speakers to include Prof Peter Hellings)
WEDNESDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2019
- ASCIA 2019 Conference Welcome Function
- ASCIA Presidents Dinner (for ASCIA 2019 directors, organising committee and international speakers)
- ASCIA 2019 Conference Trainee and Consultants Dinner, supported by CSL Behring
Sponsored dinner meetings:
- Abbott: Nurses Allergy Dinner meeting
- Novartis: Targeted Immune Pathways in Asthma – an Immunology Update
THURSDAY 5 SEPTEMBER 2019
No sponsored dinner meetings should be held on the same night as the gala dinner.
We look forward to your participation in this conference, and to seeing you in Perth this September.