Updated ASCIA eczema resources
ASCIA has recently updated its online eczema (atopic dermatitis) resources to assist health professionals and patients/carers to treat and manage eczema. These resources now include information about treatment of severe eczema using immune modulating treatments.
The following updated resources are now on the ASCIA website:
- ASCIA Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) FAQ* for patients, consumers and carers www.allergy.org.au/patients/skin-allergy/eczema
- ASCIA Action Plan for Eczema www.allergy.org.au/patients/skin-allergy/eczema-action-plan
- ASCIA Stepwise Management Plan for Eczema www.allergy.org.au/hp/papers/ascia-stepwise-management-plan-for-eczema
ASCIA online eczema resources have been developed to assist with:
- Treatment of severe eczema (including the use of immune modulating treatments) and eczema flares.
- Ongoing management of eczema, including maintaining skin to prevent or minimise eczema flares.
- Providing accessible, consistent and evidence-based information from a reliable source.
Each month there are around 1,500 downloads of ASCIA online eczema resources. ASCIA will continue to review and update these resources as new information is available.
*ReadSpeaker is available on the ASCIA webpages for patients, consumers and carers, to improve access for people with:
- Vision impairment, limited reading ability or learning disabilities, by allowing text to speech (TTS).
- Non-English speaking backgrounds - information can be translated into 20 different languages by highlighting the text and selecting 'translate’.