Registration is still open for ASCIA 2023 Conference - May 2023
Registration is still open for the ASCIA 2023 Conference, to be held at the International Convention Centre (ICC) Sydney from Tuesday 5th to Friday 8th September 2023. This is a hybrid conference, which enables virtual registration for delegates who cannot attend in-person, and on-demand viewing of sessions for all registered delegates after the conference.
To register go to https://ascia2023.com/registration.html
The ASCIA 2023 Conference Program Book is available at https://www.allergy.org.au/conferences/ascia-annual-conference
Delegates may also wish to register for the CIRCA meeting at the Garvan Institute, Darlinghurst on Monday 2nd September - Register here
The Practical Rhinoscopy workshop at St Vincent’s Hospital, Darlinghurst on Saturday 9th September is now full.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference program includes current allergy and clinical immunology clinical issues and research findings, which will be presented by more than 60 speakers, including five international speakers - A/Prof Edmond Chan (Canada), Prof Anna Nowak-Wegrzyn (USA), Prof Anne Puel (France), Dr Lluis Quintana-Murc (France) and A/Prof Elizabeth Tham (Singapore).
We have received a record number of 162 abstracts, comrpising 25 Clinical Grand Rounds (CGR) cases and 137 Posters, which is around 30% more submissions received compared to previous ASCIA Conferences.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference program will include main sessions from 9am to 6pm AEST each day, with a focus on:
- Clinical Grand Rounds (CGR) Cases and selected Poster Presentations on Tuesday 5th September
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis on Wednesday 6th September
- Drug, Insect, Animal and Respiratory Allergy on Thursday 7th September
- Immunodeficiency, Autoimmunity and Autoinflammatory Disorders on Friday 8th September
On Thursday 7th September an inaugural ASCIA Immunodeficiency Update for Nurses will be held.
On Friday 8th September there will be three concurrent Allergy Update meetings, which include some shared sessions:
- ASCIA Allergy Update for Medical Practitioners
- ASCIA Allergy Update for Nurses
- ASCIA Allergy Update for Dietitians
To improve sustainability, the ASCIA 2023 Conference will feature:
- A living, digital Program Book, which can be kept up to date and reduces waste associated with printing.
- Online posters, which reduces production costs and waste associated with printing and transporting of posters.
- Namebadges that do not include a plastic holder and reusable lanyards.
The ASCIA 2023 Conference will provide an international standard of continuing professional development (CPD) for ASCIA members and other health professionals working in allergy and clinical immunology, as well as an opportunity for in-person interactions with colleagues.
This news item was issued on 8 May 2023 and updated on 24 July 2023 by Jill Smith, CEO of ASCIA, the peak professional body for clinical immunology and allergy in Australia and New Zealand.