New ASCIA Eosinophilic Oesophagitis (EoE) Resources - July 2021
It is a pleasure to announce that the following five new ASCIA eosinophilic oesophagitis (EoE) resources are now available on the ASCIA website www.allergy.org.au/patients/food-other-adverse-reactions
- ASCIA Action Plan* for EoE - for emergency treatment of food impaction/food bolus obstruction (FBO) due to EoE
- ASCIA Management Plan* for EoE - to guide ongoing treatment and management of EoE
- ASCIA EoE Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - this replaces the previous ASCIA EoE information for patients, consumers and carers
- ASCIA Two Food Elimination Diet (2FED) Dietary Guide - to guide dietary modification for EoE
- ASCIA Four Food Elimination Diet (4FED) Dietary Guide - to guide dietary modification for EoE
*ASCIA Action and Management Plans for EoE are medical documents that can only be completed and signed by the patient's clinical immunology/allergy specialist or gastroenterologist and cannot be altered without their permission.
These resources have been developed by ASCIA in response to many requests over several years from ASCIA members, patients and the patient support organisation AusEE.
The development and review process has been extensive, with the ASCIA team working over several months with ASCIA EoE Working Party, ASCIA Paediatric committee and ASCIA Dietitian committee members.
This news item was issued on 29 July 2021 by ASCIA, the peak professional body for clinical immunology and allergy in Australia and New Zealand.