National Allergy Strategy Updates
The National Allergy Strategy is a partnership between ASCIA and Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia. Several new and updated National Allergy Strategy resources have recently been launched, which are listed below.
- NEW Allergy Aware Resource hub
- This resource hub contains the new National Allergy Strategy Best practice guidelines for anaphylaxis prevention and management in schools and children’s education and care (CEC) services and supporting resources, along with links to A&AA and ASCIA resources for the school and CEC settings.
- This resource hub is for staff working in schools and children’s education and care services as well as for parents/guardians and students.
- UPDATED All about Allergens course – food allergen management training for all staff working in food service. This course has been revised to suit staff that work in both front of house and back of house. It is an interactive course that takes about 45 minutes to complete.
- UPDATED All about Allergens for Cooks and Chefs – this course has been revised to be a single stand-alone course for cooks and chefs. It is an interactive course that takes about 1 hour to complete.
- NEW All about Allergens Resource hub – This new resource hub provides resources to help those working in food service to provide appropriate food to customers with food allergies. Freely downloadable resources and templates are available for general food service, hospital food service and food service in schools, CEC services and camps.
- NEW My Health Record and allergy podcasts for health professionals and consumers. The National Allergy Strategy has worked with the Australian Digital Health Agency to develop podcasts for health professionals and consumers about My Health Record and allergy information. The podcasts feature Maria Said, CEO of A&AA along with Dr Dean Tey (paediatric clinical immunology and allergy specialist), Dr Aaron Chambers (GP) and Dr Charlotte Hespe (RACGP) and facilitated by Dr Andrew Rochford.
Stay up to date with NAS projects via their website.