ASCIA website - major update October 2022
A major update of the ASCIA website (that commenced in July 2022) has been completed in October 2022.
The update includes the following new and updated webpages, to make information easier to find, and improve the user experience:
- ASCIA website homepage - This webpage has been streamlined to feature quick links to the most frequently requested information, including How to Locate a Specialist, ASCIA Action Plans, ASCIA e-training courses and ASCIA anaphylaxis translations.
- Translated ASCIA anaphylaxis information - A new webpage enables quick links to translations.
- ASCIA information for patients and carers - Now accessible via image panels/tiles on a user-friendly webpage.
- ASCIA health professional resources - Now accessible via image panels/tiles on a user-friendly webpage.
- ASCIA immunodeficiency resources for health professionals - Reordered under new headings (PID, IRT, SCIg, HAE) to make it easier to find information.
- ASCIA anaphylaxis resources for health professionals - Now easier to find as the length of this webpage has been reduced.
- ASCIA food allergy resources for health professionals - Reordered under new headings to make it easier to find information.
- ASCIA allergy prevention resources for health professionals - Reordered to make it easier to find information.
Why do we need to continue updating and improving the ASCIA website?
- The ASCIA website is a world leading source of accessible, consistent and evidence-based information about allergy and immunodeficiency.
- The ASCIA website continues to attract a large number of users, with more than 3.2 million pageviews, 2.1 million visits and 1.7 million unique visitors in the past year.
- The ASCIA website is regarded as one of the main ASCIA member services (including information for their patients and carers), and sources of continuing professional development.
It is therefore important that we keep reviewing ASCIA website resources and the way that they are accessed, to inform future updates and improvements. The ASCIA website includes information about the development and review process of ASCIA online resources and courses.
Thank you for your comments and feedback about the ASCIA website, which have resulted in many of the updates listed above. We welcome your feedback about the updated ASCIA website, either via the online feedback form or by direct email to
This news item was issued on 10 October 2022 and updated on 18 October 2022 by Jill Smith, CEO of ASCIA, the peak professional body for clinical immunology and allergy in Australia and New Zealand.