ASCIA Food Allergy and Adverse Food Reactions Course
The Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) is hosting the ASCIA Food Allergy and Adverse Food Reactions Course in Sydney on 23-24 November 2024.
Information including how to register is available at https://www.allergy.org.au/members/dietitians#adn
The course has previously been held in Melbourne (March 2023), Canberra (September 2018), Brisbane (March 2019) and Perth (September 2019).
Due to the high demand (the Melbourne course was sold out), the course is being held in Sydney in November 2023. There are also plans to hold the course in Adelaide in early 2024 and Auckland in late 2024.
This course is presented in an interactive case study format and has been designed for dietitians with an allergy caseload or wanting to upskill in food allergy and intolerance, who work in private practice, community and hospital-based dietitians. The course can also be used as a refresher if you are returning to practice within this area. The course is worth 24 CPD hours.
- Appraise the complexity of diagnosis and management of IgE mediated food allergy, non-IgE mediated food allergy and various presentations of food intolerance across the lifespan,
- Recognise the importance of collaboration with other HPs in the allergy care team for optimal patient care in food allergy and intolerance.
- Formulate appropriate and safe evidence-based nutrition care plans within the scope of practice, for patients with food allergy and food intolerance.
- Integrate reinforcement of medical management and practical skills regarding label reading, food preparation and eating away from home into patient management of food allergy, including the food service setting.
- Integrate available resources to enhance assessment, education, and nutritional intervention for patients with food allergy and food intolerance.
This news item was issued on 27 March 2023 and updated on 24 October 2023 by Jill Smith, CEO of the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA). ASCIA is the peak professional body for clinical immunology and allergy in Australia and New Zealand.