ASCIA 2021 Virtual Conference Update
Welcome to the ASCIA 2021 Virtual Conference which runs from Wednesday 1st to Friday 3rd September. We now have over 600 registered delegates, making this the largest ever ASCIA Conference and the major educational event for ASCIA members in 2021.
To view the Program Book go to https://ascia2021.com/program.php
If you have not yet registered go to https://ascia2021.com/registration.php
The ASCIA 2021 Conference provides registered delegates with access to:
- An international standard of continuing professional development and medical education (CPD/CME) in our own time zones.
- Presentations by 58 speakers in the main program (including 12 international experts - see PROGRAM UPDATES below), 31 presenters in 17 sponsored sessions, 19 Clinical Grand Round (CGR) case presenters, 71 poster presenters, 11 AIFA research grant recipients and 9 CFAR food allergy research ‘hot publication’ authors.
- Concurrent programs for Nurses, Dietitians and Associate Medical Days on Friday.
- An interactive program that allows delegates to submit questions online during live Q&A sessions.
- Video recordings of all sessions on the ASCIA 2021 Conference platform, available until 3rd December 2021.
- The 3D exhibition hall, to request updates about products, other information and samples from exhibitors.
The reasonably priced registration fees provide delegates with exceptional value, which is possible due to the support from ASCIA 2021 Conference Sponsors and Exhibitors.
- Prof Tari Haahtela (Finland) will now be presenting on Biodiversity Exposure and Allergy Prevention as a keynote speaker in the CFAR Symposium, in place of Prof Antonella Muraro (Italy), who was unfortunately unable to present. Prof Haahtela’s presentation on this topic was a highlight of the recent EAACI 2021 Hybrid Congress program.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic - Where have we come from, where are we going and what have we learnt? dinner meeting presentation by Dr Norman Swan on the evening of Thursday 2nd September will now include live online Q&A, to reflect the rapidly changing situation with the pandemic.
- Sponsored Session presenters and chairs are now included on pages 10-11 in the Program Book.
- Dinner Meetings planned for Auckland, Melbourne and Sydney have been postponed due to lockdowns in these cities. Future dates will be advised once restrictions are lifted.
We take this opportunity to acknowledge the very challenging situation for everyone affected by current COVID-19 outbreaks and lockdowns in Australia and New Zealand. This includes:
- More than two thirds of ASCIA 2021 Conference speakers, chairs, delegates, sponsors and exhibitors who are located in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland.
- ASCIA and ICMSA staff who have organised the Conference, and are based in Sydney and Melbourne.
Lockdown fatigue is an ongoing issue and we hope that the ASCIA 2021 Conference helps to provide you with a welcome change in routine, as well as an outstanding program.
Please refer to the Program Book https://ascia2021.com/program.php for more details about presentations by:
- 58 speakers in the main program, including 12 international experts (pages 4-8)
- 11 AIFA research grant recipients (page 9)
- 31 presenters in 17 sponsored sessions (pages 10-11)
- 19 Clinical Grand Round (CGR) case presenters (pages 12-13)
- 71 poster presenters (pages 14-20)
- 9 CFAR hot publication (food allergy research) authors (pages 21-22)
We look forward to your participation in the ASCIA 2021 Virtual Conference.