Shortage of venom immunotherapy products: honey bee, paper wasp and yellow jacket - Supply update from Stallergenes Greer
13 April 2018:
As communicated in March 2018, events overseas have impacted the ability of Stallergenes Greer to supply venom immunotherapy products to Australia and New Zealand. The first direct shipment of venom products from JHS to Australia has now arrived, and ASCIA has received the following advice:
Honey Bee venom
- Hymenoptera Honey Bee venom will be available again in Australia towards the end of week commencing 16 April 2018.
- In New Zealand there is sufficient Albey Honey Bee venom stock to meet demand over the next 6 months.
Paper Wasp venom
- Paper Wasp venom is currently out of stock in Australia. Stallergenes Greer is endeavouring to confirm the date of the next available shipment of Paper Wasp venom and will provide updates as soon as possible.
- In NZ there is sufficient Albey Paper Wasp venom stock to meet demand over the next 3 months.
Yellow Jacket venom
- Yellow Jacket venom is NOT out of stock in either Australia or New Zealand, however the remaining Albey Yellow Jacket venom stock is short-dated (expiry May 2018). Hymenoptera Yellow Jacket venom will be available from May 2018.
For any further assistance, please contact Stallergenes Greer according to the information set out below:
• To report adverse events, please contact Stallergenes Greer on 1800 824 166
Stallergenes Greer understands the impact of this shortage on both patients and prescribers, and are committed to ensuring reliable supply of these important products into Australia and New Zealand on an ongoing basis.
Further updates will be provided to the ASCIA community as soon as more information is available.