ASCIA’s Plans for 2021
21 December 2020:
As the challenging year of 2020 is coming to an end, we take this opportunity to update you on ASCIA’s plans for 2021.
- ASCIA member services, online resources, education and training – ASCIA will update and develop more online resources, education and training to support ASCIA members, other health professionals, patients/carers/consumers and community. To read more go to allergy.org.au/about-ascia/education-projects
- Advocacy on behalf of ASCIA members – ASCIA submissions to government and other organisations will include information about allergy, immunodeficiency, autoimmunity and COVID-19 vaccines. Submissions lodged in 2020 are listed on allergy.org.au/ascia-reports
- ASCIA Conference - The ASCIA 2021 Conference will be held as a hybrid event in September 2021. To read more go to allergy.org.au/conferences/ascia-annual-conference
- National Allergy Strategy – Development and expansion of the National Allergy Strategy will continue in 2021. To read about achievements in 2020 go to org.au/news/newsletter-10-december-2020
- AIFA Research Grants - The AIFA research grant program will continue to expand in 2021. To read about the 2020 AIFA grants go to allergy.org.au/about-ascia/info-updates/aifa-research-grants-2020
- ASCIA Immunodeficiency Strategy – It is our intention to launch and implement the ASCIA Immunodeficiency Strategy for Australia and New Zealand, subject to funding. To read more go to allergy.org.au/about-ascia/info-updates/ascia-immunodeficiency-strategy-for-australia-and-new-zealand
- Sustainability – ASCIA will continue working towards improving its sustainability, both environmentally and financially, whilst adapting its operations and priorities. To read more go to allergy.org.au/about-ascia/sustainability-2020-to-2022
Despite all the challenges in 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of immunology and the need for a strong, flexible health system. Outbreaks have also highlighted the need to remain vigilant and prepared.
We hope that the new year of 2021 brings you happiness, health and success.
Professor Michaela Lucas