ASCIA 2019 Conference deadlines have been extended to 22 July
In response to several requests, the ASCIA 2019 earlybird registration and abstract submission deadline has been extended by one more week, to midnight on Monday 22nd July. Please note that no further extensions will be possible.
To register at the discounted earlybird rate go to https://www.ascia2019.com/registration.php
To submit an abstract go to https://www.ascia2019.com/abstracts.php
Abstracts are invited for:
- ASCIA 2019 posters (displayed from Wednesday 4 to Friday 6 September 2019)
- ASCIA 2019 clinical grand rounds oral presentations (for advanced trainees only)
- ASCIA 2019 short oral presentations for ASCIA 2019 Conference (clinical research)
- CFAR Symposium short oral “hot publication” presentations (for food allergy research recently published or accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal).
Acceptance of abstracts will be confirmed in August and they will be published online in the Internal Medicine Journal (IMJ) in September 2019.
ASCIA-ANZAAG Drug Allergy Symposium
This Symposium is being held on Friday afternoon, as part of the ASCIA 2019 Conference. The 8th Australian and New Zealand Anaesthetic Allergy Group (ANZAAG) Symposium on “Perioperative allergy – A sensitive subject” is also being held in Perth, on Saturday 7 September 2019. To register for the Saturday Symposium go to http://www.anzaag.com/Events.aspx
Dietitians’ Course and Day
ASCIA-DAA Centre for Advanced Learning (CAL) Dietitians Course is a two day course on food allergy and intolerance will be held on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 September 2019. Pre-requisites for this course include completion of ASCIA anaphylaxis, food allergy, and food service etraining courses, all of which are available online free of charge. For information and to register for this course go to
The ASCIA Dietitians Day is being held on Thursday 5 September as part of the ASCIA 2019 Conference. There are no pre-requisites, but it is generally of most benefit to dietitians with experience with food allergy. Delegates can register just for this day, or combine it with day registration for Wednesday 4 September, registration for the CFAR Symposium on Tuesday 3 September and registration for the ASCIA-DAA CAL course (see above).
To view the program go to https://www.ascia2019.com/downloads/ASCIA2019_Program_Dietitians_Day.pdf
ASCIA Social Events and Sponsored Dinners
TUESDAY 3 SEPTEMBER 2019
Sponsored dinner meetings:
- Abbott: EOE Symposium (Speakers to include A/Prof Carina Venter, Prof Evan Dellon)
- DBV: Update on Investigational Epicutaneous Immunotherapy (EPIT) in clinical trials (Speakers to include Prof Hugh Sampson, Prof Dianne Campbell, Maria Said)
- Mylan: Allergy/respiratory diseases (Speakers to include Prof Peter Hellings)
WEDNESDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2019
- ASCIA 2019 Conference Welcome Function
- ASCIA Presidents Dinner (for ASCIA 2019 directors, organising committee and international speakers)
- ASCIA 2019 Conference Trainee and Consultants Dinner, supported by CSL Behring
Sponsored dinner meetings:
- Abbott: Nurses Allergy Dinner meeting
- Novartis: Targeted Immune Pathways in Asthma – an Immunology Update
THURSDAY 5 SEPTEMBER 2019
- ASCIA 2019 Gala Dinner (no sponsored dinner meetings are on the same night as the gala dinner).
We look forward to your participation in the conference.