5 May 2018:
As previously communicated, events overseas have impacted the ability of Stallergenes Greer to supply venom immunotherapy products to Australia and New Zealand. Stallergenes Greer has now advised ASCIA of the following supply update.
Honey Bee venom
- In New Zealand, Albey Honey Bee venom remains in stock.
Paper Wasp venom
- Paper Wasp venom is currently out of stock in Australia. Stallergenes Greer is endeavouring to confirm the date of the next available shipment of Paper Wasp venom and will provide updates as soon as possible.
- In New Zealand, Albey Paper Wasp venom remains in stock.
Yellow Jacket venom
- The remaining inventory of Albey Yellow Jacket venom stock in Australia and New Zealand has now expired (expiry May 2018). Hymenoptera Yellow Jacket venom will be available in both Australia and New Zealand from mid-May 2018. Please note that Stallergenes Greer is actively working with the PBAC and Pharmac to ensure that Hymenoptera Yellow Jacket venom is listed and available under reimbursement to patients as soon as possible. They will advise once they have a confirmed listing date for both countries.
For further assistance, please contact Stallergenes Greer as follows:
- To report adverse events, contact Stallergenes Greer on 1800 824 166
Stallergenes Greer understands the impact of venom shortages on both patients and prescribers, and are committed to ensuring reliable supply of these important products into Australia and New Zealand on an ongoing basis.
They will provide further updates to the ASCIA community as soon as more information is available.